Thursday, April 8, 2010

Deus, Coffee & Macaroons.




I have been having the greatest day with Maddy (see maddy cupcakes). This girl is unbelievable. Not only is she absolutely my best friend ever, but she is amazingly talented at producing the most mouth-watering treats known to man. So first, she picked me up at 9:30am and we went to Deus ex Machina Cafe. This cafe is gorgeous, with funky ecletic art pieces and a motorbike showroom out back. Next stop was Zumbo, a sweet little patisserie hidden away in Balmain. There I saw the most delectible and colourful macaroons. I tasted the 'rice pudding' macaroon, while Maddy had 'raspberry'. WOW. Then we went off to Spicer Street Cafe in Woollahra, where we feasted on poached eggs, tomatoes and chunky rye bread. Delicious. We walked on down the road to the Donna Hay store, where they sold everything from electric mixers to tooth fairy certificates. It was certainly an adventure to remember.

{photos by me}

1 comment:

alanamarie said...

I AM SO JEALOUS MORGAN !!! I WANT MY OWN FOOD TOUR GUIDE !!!! :(